Everybody want to grow. Personally. Professionally.
Everybody say, they want to grow. Mostly people like not “to grow” (it requires a lot of activities), but “saying”. It is the same hope as a lot of people like to tell about their “illness” just to get some compassion.
So, now about actually growth. [As I see it.]
As in my comment to the “Our path” article, plan is the same:
- Gather and analyze an input.
- Create a Plan.
- Execute the Plan.
- Evaluate the Result and go to the point “1”.
Looks easy, but think about the next remarks:
- Think about the Growth which fits your with all you strengths, weaknesses, wishes and an environment. Don’t try to use stereotypes and “general thoughts how the real Growth looks like”. You are exceptional and your growth is exceptional as well.
- A neighbor always has the bigger one. But think harder and understand that if you are in the Situation it is much easier to make the present Situation you know and you are adjusted for support your growth than change to the New Situations and try to grow there. A lot of other people are already in the New Situation and you might appear in the end of queue for the Growth. Also try to think not about external attractiveness of the New Situation, but also about the internal state of the New Situation in a year or two. [It comes to the work-related circumstances and situations as well as about personal-related, I think.]
- Only you are a driver as well as a constraint for your Growth. Don’t look for the root of the problem outside of you.
- It is much easier to say “They/this situation/my chief don’t let me grow”, but try – everything possible like:
– think what possible;
– evaluate the Situation from the all possible sides;
– talk to your colleagues, your subordinates and your seniors about the possibilities.
I wish you a good Growth!
Dmitry Antonyuk. Ukraine. Zhitomir.
Thanks on your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
reading it, you will be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and
will often come back very soon. I want to encourage you to
continue your great job, have a nice weekend!